PHOTO GALLERY: 2-Alarm Fire At Sunrise on Second In Olde Towne Slidell
Courtesy: St. Tammany Fire District #1

An electrical short is believed to have caused a 2-alarm fire at a Olde Towne Slidell restaurant early Monday morning.

The fire was reported by a newspaper delivery man around 1:30 a.m. Firefighters from the St. Tammany Fire District #1 were able to get the flames under control about a half-hour later.

When they arrived at 1929 Second Street, they found heavy flames and smoke coming from the rear of Sunrise on Second. The fire burned the roof off the 2800 square foot building and destroyed the attic.

It's believed the fire was started by an electrical short at the power disconnect for the air conditioning system. No injuries were reported.