Listen Live on  
 

News Talk 99.5 WRNO

The News and Talk of New Orleans
 
 

Accused Bourbon St. Shooter Indicted By Grand Jury

 
Accused Bourbon St. Shooter Indicted By Grand Jury
Posted August 21st, 2014 @ 3:21pm

The New Orleans district attorney says a grand jury has charged a 20-year-old man with manslaughter and attempted murder in a June 29 shooting on Bourbon Street.

Leon Cannizzaro Jr. says Trung Le was indicted Thursday in the death of Brittany Thomas of Hammond and an attempt to kill someone else. Police had booked Le with first-degree murder and attempted first-degree murder.

Cannizzaro's spokesman, Christopher Bowman, says prosecutors did not ask for indictment on first-degree murder.

Le's attorney could not immediately be reached for comment. Attorney Martin Regan has said there's evidence that Le did not fire the fatal bullet, and that he fired in self-defense after another man aimed a handgun.

Le is the only person arrested so far in the shooting. He has been held without bond.

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

 

Recommended Stories

More from News Talk 99.5 WRNO

*