Listen Live on  

News Talk 99.5 WRNO

The News and Talk of New Orleans

Teen's Phone Ignites Under Her Pillow

Teen's Phone Ignites Under Her Pillow
Posted Tuesday, July 29th 2014 @ 10am  by Newsy, a Newser Video Partne

(NEWSER) – Plenty of people tend to fall asleep with their phones in their beds at night, but one 13-year-old's tale is cautionary, to say the least. Ariel Tolfree says her Samsung Galaxy S4 slipped under her pillow after she went to bed, and she woke a burning smell. Her dad tells KDFW he thinks the phone overheated and the battery—a replacement, not the original—swelled while she slept. Newsy reports:

PHOTO: Newser

Recommended Stories

More from News Talk 99.5 WRNO