(FOX 8/WVUE) School officials announced that several area schools will be closed on Tuesday, due to the threat of severe weather expected from Tropical Storm Harvey.
The following are schools that will be closed Tuesday:
- All Orleans Parish public direct-run, charter and Archdiocese schools.
- Algiers Charter Schools, which include Landry-Walker High School, McDonogh #32 Charter School, Martin Behrman Charter School, Eisenhower Academy and Fischer Academy.
- Jefferson RISE Charter School
- All Delgado Community College locations
- Terrebonne Parish Schools
- Lafourche Parish Schools
- UNO has canceled all Tuesday classes.
- Herzing University
- Bright Minds Academy
- Bishop McManus
- KIPP Schools
- Isidore Newman School
- Robert Russa Moton Charter School
- Kingsley House Campuses
- St. Paul's Episcopal School
- Louise S. McGehee School and its pre-school Little Gate
- Xavier University
- Mount Carmel Academy
- Trinity Episcopal School
- Metairie Park Country Day
- New Orleans Job Corps
- Our Lady of Prompt Succor in Chalmette
- Loyola University - Classes and normal operations suspended. Dining services will continue
- Nunez Community College
- Southern University of New Orleans
- TCA Head Start Centers
- Tulane University
- Dillard University
- Nicholls State University
Officials with the Jefferson Parish School Board , Plaquemines Parish School Board and St. Bernard Parish School Board announced that all public schools in their respective parishes will be open on Tuesday.
Officials will continue to monitor the storm and work with city leaders to determine when schools will resume operations.
Photo: Getty Images