The leaders of five Louisiana Catholic dioceses say the names of clergy members "credibly accused" of sexually abusing children within the past 50 years are closer to being made public.
That word came Tuesday from New Orleans Archbishop Gregory Aymond who says the names will be released "sooner rather than later." He says efforts are still underway to make sure the list is accurate and complete.
The Advocate recently reported that Catholic institutions in New Orleans have paid out large financial settlements over the last few years in previously undisclosed child sex abuse cases.
Copyright © 2018 TTWN Media Networks LLC Photo: Getty Images