With a mandatory evacuation order in effect for Grand Isle, DOTD is suspended tolls on the LA 1 Expressway until further notice.
Also, DOTD is urging drivers to take extra precautions with the threat of severe weather.
From a press release:
During unfavorable weather conditions, motorists should adhere to the following safety tips:
- Do not drive unless you must.
- Avoid driving into standing or running water.
- Avoid driving while distracted.
- Avoid using cruise control when visibility is low or road surfaces are wet.
- Always allow for extra driving time.
- Make sure there is plenty of room between vehicles.
- Have your headlights on when using windshield wipers
- Never drive through areas with downed power lines or utility poles.
Photo: Getty Images