Winter Weather Blamed For Man's Death In Lafayette Parish


(Getty Images)

(Getty Images)

The Louisiana Department of Health is reporting the state's first death due to winter weather in the region.

Officials said yesterday that a 50-year-old man from Lafayette slipped and fell, causing a fatal head injury.

LDH says to avoid carbon monoxide poising or electrocution incidents during winter weather conditions, portable generators should never be used inside houses, garages, carports, or other fully or partially enclosed areas.

Copyright © 2021 TTWN Media Networks Inc.