Fire Causes Damage At Slidell Restaurant

A fire on Saturday morning caused extensive damage to the kitchen of a Slidell restaurant.

The blaze broke out at Café Luke at 153 Robert St. in Olde Towne Slidell. 

Firefighters arrived on the scene in under four minutes to find heavy flames and smoke coming from the rear of the building. They were able to extinguish the fire within 12 minutes of arriving on the scene.

The 9-1-1 call came from the owner who lived upstairs and, who along with his wife, managed to safely escape.

There was heavy fire damage to the kitchen and void space above the kitchen but no damage to the remainder of the two-story building. 

The fire is believed to have started in an oven where food was being cooked overnight..

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content