- Plaquemines Parish - Mandatory on the East Bank
- Plaquemines Parish - Mandatory evacuation from the Alliance Refinery south to Venice, effective at 8 a.m. Saturday
- Grand Isle - Mandatory
- Lafitte - Mandatory
- Venetian Isles, Lake Catherine, Irish Bayou - Mandatory
- St. John Parish - Voluntary
- Jackson, Hancock counties - Recommend voluntary evacuation
- St. Bernard Parish outside the levee protection zone
- Terrebonne Parish: Mandatory evacuation for residents outside the levee protection zone
- Lafourche Parish: Mandatory evacuation for residents south of the Leon Theriot floodgates in Golden Meadow
- All Plaquemines Parish schools
- Phillips 66 Alliance Refinery is continuously monitoring the progress of Tropical Storm Nate. Based on the storm’s current projected path, our Alliance Refinery is shutting down and non-essential personnel has been released from work. Our other Gulf Coast refineries (Lake Charles and Sweeny) continue to operate and are unaffected by Nate.
- Grand Isle Schools
- Lafitte Schools
- Nunez Community College
- University of Holy Cross
- The Xavier University campus will officially close Friday at 10 p.m. All classes and events for this weekend have been canceled, with the exception of the women’s volleyball game which is scheduled for 10 a.m. Saturday in the Convocation Center.
- The Sellers Canal Sector Gate near Pier 90 in Avondale will close at 6 p.m. on Oct. 6
- The Animal Shelter will be closed October 7 so volunteers can monitor weather reports and prepare their property for tropical weather. Additionally, Animal Control will not be servicing nuisance wildlife calls on Oct. 6
- The Des Allemands Boat Launch at 399 Down the Bayou Road Des Allemands, LA 70030
- The St. Charles Council on Aging centers will be closed on Oct. 9
- The St. Tammany Fishing Pier, Camp Salmen Nature Park, The Tammany Trace and Kids Konnection Playground will close on Saturday, October 7th, at 2 p.m. and remain closed Sunday, October 8.
- STAR Transit will have no service on Saturday, October 7 and Sunday, October 8.
- The Make A House Your Home Event scheduled for Saturday, October 7 in Slidell at the Towers Building from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. is canceled and will be rescheduled at a later date.
- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will close the 17th Street Canal and the London Avenue Canal beginning at 10:30 a.m.
- The American Lung Association LUNG FORCE Walk has been canceled
- Out of an abundance of caution, today, the Louisiana Department of Public Safety and Corrections announced the cancellation of this weekend's Angola Rodeo due to the impending landfall of tropical storm Nate.