State Police update as of Thursday afternoon:
- I-10 will remain closed from Williams Blvd. in Kenner to Lafayette through the night
- I-55 is still closed between LaPlace to the Mississippi State Line
- I-12 remains closed from LA 21 to Baton Rouge
The Causeway has opened one northbound lane with a max speed limit of 45 miles per hour. Southbound lanes remain closed.
Earlier story follows:
(FOX 8/WVUE) The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development advises motorists that I-10, in Orleans Parish is CLOSED effective immediately due to winter weather conditions.
This closure affects all lanes of travel. DOTD will advise when the road has been re-opened.DOTD’s emergency personnel will continue to monitor upcoming weather situations and will scout the area for safety on the roadways. Crews will be mobilized as needed in the event an area is threatened by severe weather conditions.
In addition, DOTD crews will apply salt to any affected bridges and overpasses, remove fallen trees from the roadway and close roads as needed.DOTD reminds motorists that it is unsafe and unlawful to drive onto a closed road past a “road closed” barricade at any time for any reason.
- The Twin Spans is closed
- I-10 East and Westbound from LA 77 to LA 22.
- The Highrise Bridge is closed in both directions
- The Seabrook Bridge is closed in both directions
- The Danziger Bridge is closed in both directions
- Bonnet Carre Spillway closed in both directions
- DOTD has closed the left lanes (north and southbound) of the Hale Boggs Bridge. The right lanes remain open at this time.
- The Causeway is closed due to poor visibility.
- I-310 is closed. However, to access the Hale Boggs Bridge residents may use LA 48 and LA 18 (River Road).
- I-55 is closed both Northbound and Southbound from Hwy 190 in Hammond to the Mississippi state line.
- I-10 from Belle Terre Boulevard in Laplace to Power Boulevard in Kenner is closed in both directions.
- The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development announces the closing of I-10 East and Westbound from LA 77 to LA 22. In spite of efforts to maintain the opening of Interstate 10 in both directions, the rapidly freezing temperatures across this stretch of interstate caused this stretch to be deemed impassable. Steep on and off-ramps as well as elevated roadways are concerns to public safety in icy conditions.
- I-12 is closed from LA 1077 to Baton Rouge, and I-55 is closed both Northbound and Southbound from Hwy 190 in Hammond to the Mississippi state line.
- The overpass of LA 3142 is now closed
- US 90 east and westbound from the Amelia Bridge to LA 1 in Raceland is closed due to icing. LA 182 can be used as an alternate route
- The LA 1 Leeville toll bridge in Leeville is closed to Fourchon/Grand Isle.
- The Schriever overpass LA 20 is closed in both directions.
- US 51 from US 61 in Laplace to the Mississippi State line
- U.S. 90 westbound between La. 662 in Assumption Parish and La. 24 in Terrebonne Parish and U.S. 90 eastbound between La. 662 in Assumption Parish and La. 182 in Raceland/Lafourche Parish
- I-55 is closed in its entirety, Northbound and Southbound, from I-10 in Laplace to the Mississippi state line.
- I-10 Eastbound and Westbound in St. John the Baptist, St. James & Ascension Parishes is closed between LA 22 and US 51.
- I-10, All sections in Jefferson Parish
- LA 1 Leeville Br., in Leeville,
- US 90 Business
- I-10 Ramp between Northbound Causeway Blvd. and I-10 Westbound in Metairie,
- I-10 Westbound Ramp to Causeway Blvd,JP
- I-10 Westbound Ramp to Causeway Blvd., Metairie
- I-10 Fly Over Rampbetween Southbound Causeway Blvd and I-10 Eastbount in Metairie, Jefferson Parish
- Fly Over Ramp Power Blvd., Southbound to I-10 Eastbound in Kenner, Jefferson Parish
- I-10, All Section in Orleans Parish
- I-610 in New Orleans
- Westbank Elevated Expressway between General DeGaulle and Westwood Dr. in Jefferson and Orleans Parish
- I-10 Highrise Br.
- US 90 Business HOV Lanes
- Ted Hickey Br.
- LA 308 Overpass Over Intracoastal in LaRose
- LA 24 Schriever Overpass in Schriever
St Tammany Parish:
- US 190 from LA 25 in Covington to the Amite River Bridge in Denham Springs
- I-10 in both directions is now closed from I-49 (Lafayette) to Oak Harbor Boulevard (Slidell)
- I-10 Twin Span Br., between US 11 and Oak Harbor Blvd
St. Charles Parish:
- US 90 Des Allemands Br., in Des Allemands
- I-310 Northbound and Southbound from LA 48 to I-10 in Destrehan and St. Rose
- I-10 Eastbound and Westbound between US 51 and Williams Blvd., St. Charles and Jefferson Parish
St. Bernard Parish:
- LA 39 in Violet
Photo: Getty Images