The U.S. Coast Guard and other agencies are searching for a woman on Lake Pontchartrain after rescuing a man from the lake Monday morning.
Sadie Thibodeaux, 32, remains missing after an unmanned sailing vessel was spotted near the Lakefront Airport Sunday afternoon. Dogs and cell phones could be seen aboard the Good Humor.
After a search that went into the night Sunday, Michael Lee Fairley, 43, was found in good condition approximately a mile north of Lakeshore Drive.
According to a Coast Guard press release:
Involved in the search are:
- Station New Orleans 45-foot Response Boat-Medium boatcrew
- Air Station New Orleans MH-65 Dolphin helicopter aircrew
- Coast Guard Aviation Training Center Mobile HC-144 Ocean Sentry aircrew
- Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries
- Jefferson Sheriff’s Marine Unit
Anyone with information is requested to contact Sector New Orleans at 504-365-2200.
Jefferson Parish sheriffs office and the New Orleans Police Department join the search for a missing boater, 32-year-old Sadie Thibodaux , off of old Ponchartrain beach. 43-year-old Michael Farley has already been rescued. pic.twitter.com/D97BYMj6p4— Rob Masson (@robmassonfox8) August 6, 2018
Photo: Getty Images