Metairie Rep. Wants New Regs On Whole-Home Generators Due To CO Danger


Carbon monoxide alarm

Photo: Getty Images

A state representative is writing legislation dealing with whole-house generators, following some carbon monoxide scares after Hurricane Ida.

Dozens of people in the area reported carbon monoxide in their homes even though the generators had been installed according to the instructions.

State Rep. Stephanie Hilferty of Metairie says the CO alarms went off at her house, too.

She wants to pass new regulations that will keep people safe from the dangerous gas.

Copyright © 2021 TTWN Media Networks Inc.


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content